Welcome and thank you for visiting our www.it-jobs.aldi-sued.de website
The following data protection notice will provide you with an initial overview of how we process your data, followed by more detailed information structured by topics.
Which data do we collect?
- In order to properly display our website, we collect access and device-specific data each time our website is accessed.
- Subject to your consent, we create user profiles under pseudonyms by means of tracking services and cookies. These user profiles contain information regarding the behaviour of the specific user during their visit to our website. Apart from this, we only collect data received as a result of the entries you make on our website.
The Controller pursuant to Article 4 para. 7 GDPR is
ALDI International Services SE & Co. oHG
Unternehmensgruppe ALDI SÜD
Mintarder Straße 36‒40
45481 Mülheim an der Ruhr
The Data Protection Officer of the Controller can be reached at the following e-mail address: Datenschutz(at)aldi-sued.de
Please note that the above is a shared e-mail address and as such, e-mails may be read by people other than the DPO. If you would like to exchange confidential information, please use the above e-mail address to request direct contact first.
Purposes and legal basis
We generally only collect and use the personal data of our users if this is required to provide a functional website, our content and services, as well as for the appropriate design and improvement of these. This also constitutes our legitimate interest in data processing.
If we obtain the consent of the data subject, Article 6 para. 1 lit. a GDPR forms the legal basis for the processing of personal data.
Article 6 para.1 lit. b GDPR in conjunction with Section 26 BDSG (German Federal Data Protection Act) serves as the legal basis for processing personal data that is required to initiate/fulfil contracts.
Article 6 para. 1 lit. c GDPR serves as the legal basis for processing personal data required for the fulfilment of legal obligations which our company is subject to.
Article 6 para. 1 lit. f GDPR serves as the legal basis for processing personal data required to maintain the legitimate interest of our company or of a third party, provided that the interests, fundamental rights and fundamental freedoms of the data subject do not outweigh the legitimate interest.
If the TTDSG is applicable, the collection and use of information about the equipment will also be based on Section 25 TTDSG.
ALDI SOUTH commissions third-party service providers in order to support us in providing our technological infrastructure, designing our websites and offering our services. These service providers may be granted access to your personal data in this context. These service providers are obliged by contract to only process data as instructed by ALDI SOUTH and to take all measures necessary to ensure an appropriate level of data protection and data security. Data is only processed in states outside the European Union and/or the European Economic Area if the EU Commission has decided that this country offers an appropriate level of data protection or if the processor has committed to ensuring an appropriate level of data protection by concluding Standard Contractual Clauses, among other things.
In individual cases, data is also transferred to other companies within ALDI SOUTH Group, e.g. ALDI Data & Analytics Services GmbH or ALDI AHEAD GmbH, for example if a request submitted via the contact form can only be answered by this business entity.
Data processing in the USA
On our website, we also use some applications by providers located in the USA. With a ruling by the European Court of Justice dated 16 July 2020 (case C-311/18), the EU-US Privacy Shield was declared invalid on the grounds that the USA do not provide a data protection level comparable to that of the EU. If data is transferred to the USA, the legal situation in the USA entails the risk of the data being recorded and analysed by US authorities, thus preventing the implementation of data subject rights granted under EU law. To protect your rights, however, we have concluded individual contracts with the service providers (by means of standard contractual clauses pre-approved by the EU Commission) that guarantee your rights in the best possible way.
Your personal data will be either erased or blocked once the purpose of its storage becomes obsolete and its erasure is not opposed by legally defined retention periods. Data will also be blocked or erased once the storage periods defined by the above-mentioned standards expire, unless continued storage of the data is required in order to conclude or fulfil a contract. Please refer to the following sections for information on the retention periods applicable to the individual data collected.
Data subject rights
Provided that the necessary requirements as stipulated by Article 15 et seq. GDPR are met, you are entitled to exercise your rights of access, rectification, erasure, restriction of processing and data portability at any time.
For this purpose, please contact us via e-mail:
If you feel that the processing of your personal data infringes statutory provisions, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the competent supervisory authority.
Each time you access or attempt to access our website, at least the following data is collected and stored in a log file:
- IP address
- Name of the file retrieved
- Date and time of retrieval
- Transferred data volume
- Notification as to whether data retrieval was successful
- Notification as to why the data retrieval failed, if applicable
- Operating system and browser software installed on your computer
- Screen resolution
- Browser language
- Colour depth
- Website from which you visit us
The processing is based on Article 6 para. 1 lit. f GDPR in order to provide our website, guarantee the stability of our systems, ensure data protection and the reliability of our systems, and implement legal provisions. The data will be erased after seven days.
You have various possibilities to contact us, e.g. via our contact form or the e-mail addresses provided. In this context, we will only process your data for the purpose of communicating with you. Article 6 para. 1 lit. b GDPR forms the legal basis for this. We will ask for your consent in advance before contacting you via e-mail or telephone for advertising purposes; you can revoke your consent at any time. The data we collect through our contact form will be automatically erased once we have fully processed your request unless we need to store your request to fulfil contractual or legal obligations (see the “Retention period” section).
In order to ensure the smooth use of the website and its functions (e.g. display of jobs. creation of a candidate profile, implementation of online application procedures), an application management system is used. We integrate functions and content that we do not provide ourselves.
SAP SuccessFactors recruiting technologies (https://www.sap.com/germany/products/recruiting-software.html) are used. As soon as you click on a job advertisement displayed on our career websites, you will be redirected to the application management system SAP SuccessFactors.
You can recognize this by the changed URL, which then starts with either jobs.aldi-sued.de or career5.successfactors.eu.
We have concluded data protection contracts with the service provider that ensure the secure processing of your data exclusively in our name and for our purposes.
You have the opportunity to apply for open positions via our career website. For this purpose, you provide us with personal data, which we process exclusively for the application process. In order to be able to process your application conscientiously, your documents will be automatically forwarded to the appropriate office within the group of companies.
You can carry out your application either by registering and opening a profile or, by using a special technology, quickly and easily without your own profile.
As part of the application process, external recruiters and our processors support us.
If external recruiters are involved in the application process, your contact and applicant data will be forwarded to us by them.
If you apply for more than one position in different companies the ALDI SOUTH Group, the persons involved can always view the following information in your applications:
- Job you apply for
- Status of the application
- Responsible recruiter
This applies regardless of the input channel of your application and the option you have chosen to view your data for other regional companies.
We process the data entered, insofar as they are necessary for the decision on the establishment of an employment relationship, on the basis of Section 26 para. 1 of the Federal Data Protection Act (BDSG). Insofar as the data is used to suggest jobs to you, we process data on the basis of Article 6 para. 1 lit. a GDPR. Further information can be found in the respective declarations of consent. You can revoke your consent at any time with effect for the future.
In order to improve our recruitment marketing, we evaluate on the basis of Article 6 para. 1 lit. f GDPR through which channel (e.g. which job portal) applicants have come to our applicant page.
You can delete your profile and the stored attachments at any time in the "Options / Settings". In addition, you have the option of asking us to delete your data. For this purpose, please contact us at: datenschutz(at)aldi-sued.de
If your application is rejected, the data processed as part of the application process will be deleted six months after the end of this process.
Upon recruitment, the application documents become part of the personnel file.
In case of inactivity, your account will be deleted six months after the last login. If you have chosen to be included in our talent network, you will receive reminder emails to inform you about the current status of your profile.
Active Sourcing via business networks
Personal data of potential applicants are processed as part of a direct candidate approach on the business platforms provided for this purpose (e.g. Xing or LinkedIn). Only publicly accessible profile data (in particular first/last name) will be processed. The processing of personal data primarily serves the search for suitable candidates and the initiation of contact. Data processing is based on Article 6 para. 1 lit. f GDPR. The data collected remains exclusively within the ALDI SOUTH Group and can be forwarded to a responsible regional company if necessary.
If the position is suitable, we will contact you by e-mail and invite you to apply for the proposed position. You then decide whether you want to apply.
If you select the option "Make your own profile visible to ALDI SOUTH recruiters and supervisors in order to be able to suggest other relevant / equal positions.", your profile will be visible to all recruiters and supervisors of the ALDI SOUTH Group. This means that all responsible employees have access to your application or profile and can suggest further job offers. If you have chosen this option, your data will automatically be created in our talent network in order to be able to consider you for later vacancies after the end of the application process.
You can revoke this option at any time in your profile for the future. The revocation applies to all your applications made and still active. As a result, your application or profile cannot be considered for other positions.
Only the data stored in the profile will be processed, including the information from the uploaded data. We process your personal data in order to contact you for suitable positions and, with your consent, to transfer you to a further application process. The data processing is based on your consent in accordance with Article 6 para. 1 lit. a GDPR. The data you provide will remain exclusively within the ALDI SOUTH Group and can be viewed by recruiters and, if applicable, superiors of all companies. In case of inactivity, your account will be deleted six months after the last login. If you have chosen to be included in our talent network, you will receive reminder emails to inform you about the current status of your profile. You can delete your profile and the stored attachments at any time in the "Options / Settings". In addition, you have the option of asking us to delete your data by e-mail to datenschutz(at)aldi-sued.de.
After your visit to a career fair, your internship or a working student position, you have the opportunity to register in our talent network without having to apply for a specific position. It is also possible to register in our talent network by selecting the option "Make your own profile visible to ALDI SOUTH recruiters and supervisors in order to be able to suggest further relevant / equal positions." as part of your application.
On our career websites, you can register for various events organised and hosted by ALDI SOUTH itself. In order to be able to process your registration, we collect and process the following data on the basis of your declaration of consent submitted during registration: title, first name, last name, e-mail address, degree/studies, current professional activity. There is also the option of uploading a CV. After registration, we collect and store the data in the content management system (CMS) Typo3 of our career websites and, in compliance with the deletion periods (see section "Deletion period"), also locally. With your consent, you allow our event organizers to contact you by e-mail for further planning.
Your personal data will not be passed on to third parties.
Incidentally, this registration is explicitly only valid for own events hosted by ALDI SOUTH (so-called in-house recruiting events). Events of third parties (e.g. career fairs) are presented on our career websites, but registration and the associated exchange of personal data does not take place. The respective organizer is responsible.
In order to offer you a comprehensive service, our pages also refer you to other websites or the services offered thereon. We would like to emphasise that neither our staff nor other parties involved in the provision of this website have any influence on the design or contents of the pages linked to this website.
We do not accept responsibility for any external content that is provided via links and do not adopt the content of such sites. The provider of the website that is referred to is solely liable for any illegal, incorrect or incomplete content, as well as for any damage resulting from using or not using the information.
Our data protection notice only applies to this website. Please note the data protection provisions specified on the individual linked websites.
Social media plug-ins (social wall tiles and sharing function)
On our website, we use so-called social media plug-ins. Plug-ins are program extensions which are integrated into our website and serve as interfaces to third-party service providers. On the one hand, this applies to the integration of a social media hub, which is used to display posts from the various ALDI SOUTH social media channels on the careers website. On the other hand, you can use the “Share” button to share job adverts on one of your social media profiles.
The social wall initially only displays images, texts and links of the social media posts by ALDI SOUTH. A “Share” button will redirect you to the relevant social media page where you will be asked to explicitly confirm that you wish to share the relevant content.
By activating the plug-ins, you provide the operators of the online platform (third-party service providers) with at least the following information:
- the IP address of your end device
- information concerning your visit to our website
If, while being logged in with your user account to the third-party service provider’s service, you activate the plug-in, the third-party service provider will be able to allocate your visit to our website to your user account.
The legal basis for transferring your data to the social media providers in this context is your consent in accordance with Article 6 para. 1 lit. a GDPR. You can change your choice at any time in the cookie settings. Data transfer will exclusively occur between your end device and the systems of the third-party service provider. ALDI SOUTH has no possibility to know or influence the contents of the data transferred between your end device and the online platform operators (third-party service providers) or the manner in which your data is processed by such third-party service providers. For detailed information concerning the purpose and scope of further data processing by the respective platform operator and your related rights and setting options for protecting your privacy, please refer to the data protection notices of the respective third-party service providers, which can be accessed via the links to the respective privacy policies provided by the third-party service providers.
On our website, we use so-called sharing buttons (social media plug-ins) offered by the following social media platforms:
- Facebook (Facebook Inc., 1601 S. California Ave, Palo Alto, CA 94304, USA)
- Xing (XING AG, Dammtorstraße 30, 20354 Hamburg, Germany)
- LinkedIn (LinkedIn Corporation, 1000 West Maude Avenue, Sunnyvale, CA 94085, USA)
- Instagram (Instagram LLC,1601 Willow Rd, Menlo Park CA 94025, USA)
Links to social media platforms are partly indicated by symbols, such as
- Facebook (white letter “f”)
- Xing (white letter “X”)
- Kununu (lower case “k”)
- Glassdoor (two bright brackets)
- LinkedIn (white “in”)
- Instagram (rounded square containing a circle and a dot)
- YouTube (rounded square containing play-button)
For detailed information concerning the purpose and scope of further data processing by the respective platform operator and your related rights and setting options for protecting your privacy, please refer to the data protection notices of the third-party service providers:
Based on Article 6 para. 1 lit. a, b and f GDPR and Section 25 TTDSG, we use self-developed and third-party technologies in order to support us in improving our offers and conducting website analysis and optimisation measures, among other things by creating and assessing pseudonymised user profiles.
If the use of the technologies requires your consent (Article 6 para. 1 lit. a GDPR), we will ask for your consent to their use when you visit our site for the first time or in the area of the relevant content elements. You can revoke your consent with future effect at any time by deleting the set cookies, clicking on the opt-out link or deactivating the function within the relevant content elements. For further information on the technologies used and your possibilities to subsequently object to tracking, please refer to the following sections.
We use (third-party) cookies in order to provide you with the maximum possible level of convenience and to make our online presentation as attractive as possible for you.
Cookies are text files that the browser saves to your computer, contain information on how you use our website and can recognise users that go back to the website in the future. Via your browser settings, you can deactivate or erase set cookies. For further information, please refer to the “Help” function of your browser.
The following cookies will not be set until you have provided your consent:
- Google (_ga): Google Analytics cookie: This cookie is set when Google Maps is used. Google will delete the cookie after two years.
- Piwik: pk_id: This cookie is set as part of the website traffic analysis (to recognise and count returning visitors). The cookie will be deleted after 13 months.
- Piwik: pk_ses: This cookie is set as part of the website traffic analysis and causes the number of visitors tracked with the “_pk_id” cookie to go up if your last visit was longer than 30 minutes ago. The cookie will be deleted after 30 minutes.
- Piwik: ppms_privacy: This cookie is set as part of the website traffic analysis and stores information about the visitor’s consent. The cookie will be deleted after one year.
- Adobe Audience Manager: aam_uuid: assignment of a user ID. Storage period: 30 days.
- Adobe: adobeujs-optin: consent management. Storage period: 390 days.
- Adobe: AMCV_95446750574EBBDF7F000101%40AdobeOrg: assignment of a visitor ID for Experience Cloud Solutions. Storage period: 2 years.
- Adobe: AMCVS_95446750574EBBDF7F000101%40AdobeOrg: shows the initialisation of a session. Storage period: session.
- Adobe Target: at_check: this cookie allows us to test which content is more relevant and show personalised content based on the visitor's behaviour. Storage period: session.
- Amazon Web Services: AWSALB: the application is run on the Amazon Application Load Balancer. The cookie is used for persistent assignment to a target. Storage period: 7 days.
- Amazon Web Services: AWSALBCORS: the application runs on the Amazon Application Load Balancer. The cookie is used for persistent assignment to a target. Storage period: 7 days.
- Adobe: demdex: storage of an ID for identification on various ALDI SOUTH websites. Storage period: 180 days.
- Adobe Audience Manager: dextp: storage of the last time data was synchronised. Storage period: 175 days.
- Adobe Audience Manager: dpm: The main business activity is online profiling for targeted marketing. Storage period: 180 days.
- Adobe Advertising Cloud: everest_g_v2: storage of a browser and surfer ID: Storage period: 355 days.
- Adobe Advertising Cloud: ev_sync_dd: storage of the date when synchronisation will take place. Storage period: 31 days.
- Adobe Launch: mbox: used to recognise returning visitors and ensure that Adobe Target is working correctly. Storage period: 2 years.
- Adobe: s_invisit: logs information on the first time a visitor visits the website. Storage period: session.
- Adobe: s_vnum: number of visits performed by a unique visitor. Storage period: 365 days.
- Adobe: s_nr: the cookie contains a Unix timestamp representing the current time and the current status of the visitor. Storage period: 35 days.
- com.adobe.reactor.dataElementCookiesMigrated: used in connection with the cache function on the website. The cache function facilitates the transfer of data between Adobe DTM and Adobe Launch. Storage period: persistent.
- Adobe Analytics: gpv_pn: stores information about the visitor journey (in this case identification of the current page). Storage period: 1 hour.
- Adobe Analytics: s_cc: the cookie detects whether cookies are enabled. Storage period: session.
- Adobe Analytics: s_sq: information on the visitor journey. Storage period: session.
- Adobe Analytics: s_ecid: contains a copy of the Experience Cloud ID (ECID) or MID. The MID is stored in a key-value pair that follows this syntax: s_ecid=MCMID. Storage period: 2 years.
- Adobe Analytics: s_vi: date/time stamp of unique visitor ID. Storage period: 2 years.
- Adobe Analytics: s_fid: fallback date/time stamp of unique visitor ID. Storage period: 2 years.
- TYPO3: fe_typo_user: assignment of a TYPO3 session ID to a user. Storage period: session.
- TYPO3 Announcement bar: announcement-<announcement_id>: stores the ID of the announcement bar that was clicked away by the user. Storage period: 30 days.
- 2-click solution Youtube Video, Google Map: externalSources: stores consent to load external content. Storage period: 10 days.
- OneTrust: OptanonConsent: Contains the user decisions regarding consent. Storage period: 1 Jahr.
- OneTrust: OptanonAlertBoxClosed: Stores the information whether an interaction with the OneTrust Banner/Preference Center has taken place. Storage period: 1 Jahr.
Adobe Experience Cloud
Our website uses services provided by Adobe Systems Software Ireland Limited, 4-6 Riverwalk, Citywest Business Campus, Dublin 24, Republic of Ireland (hereinafter referred to as “Adobe”).
You can disable the storage of cookies by adjusting your browser settings accordingly. You can also disable the collection of data generated by the cookie related to your use of the website (including your IP address) and the processing of this data by Adobe under this link: http://www.adobe.com/de/privacy/opt-out.html.
Use of YouTube videos
We have integrated videos into our website which are stored on YouTube and can be played directly on our website. YouTube is a multimedia service offered by YouTube LLC, 901 Cherry Ave., San Bruno, CA 94066, USA (“YouTube”), a group company of Google LLC, 1600 Amphitheatre Parkway, Mountain View, CA 94043, USA (“Google”). We will ask for your consent to the videos being displayed; the legal basis is Article 6 para. 1 lit. a GDPR.
In order to use the videos, you need to provide your consent through a two-click solution (slide control) within the relevant content element. Your data will not be sent to YouTube and Google until you have provided your consent. When visiting our website, information about your retrieval of the relevant subpage of our website will be forwarded to YouTube and Google. This happens irrespective of whether you are logged in to YouTube or Google. YouTube and Google use this data for advertising purposes, market research and for the needs-based design of their websites. If you open YouTube from our website and have provided your consent while being logged in to your YouTube or Google profile, YouTube or Google can also link this event with the relevant profiles. If you do not want this information to be linked to your profile, please log off from Google before accessing our website.
You can revoke your consent at any time by pressing the slider below the respective content element again.
As described above, you can configure your browser in such a way that cookies will be rejected or you can prevent the collection and processing of data generated by the cookies and related to your use of this website by deactivating the “Ad personalisation on the web” button in the Google Ads Settings. Please note that when you visit this page, you inform Google about your visit to our site. When using this option, Google will only display non-individualized advertising.
To display certain service offers, we use interactive map services offered by the following third-party service providers:
- Google Ireland Limited, Gordon House, 4 Barrow St, Dublin, D04 E5W5, Ireland
To use the map services, you must give your consent within the respective content elements as part of a two-click solution (slider). Only after consent will data be sent to Google. When using these services, personal data is transferred to the third-party map service providers and exclusively processed by them independently. The consent you provided in accordance with Article 6 para. 1 lit. a GDPR forms the legal basis for transferring your data to Google in this context. The third-party service providers process at least the following types of data:
- Information about how you use our website
- Your IP address
You have the option to deactivate the interactive map service and prevent your data from being transmitted to the third-party service provider. To do so, please deactivate Java Script in your browser. In this case, you will not be able to use the interactive map service.
For information on how the third-party service providers process your personal data, please refer to the providers’ data protection notices.
As an applicant, you can send us messages and questions about the application process at any time via our contact form and our e-mail address (email@example.com). The form allows you to provide your consent to the processing of the data you entered so that we can answer your request via telephone or e-mail or provide you with information about your application or career paths at ALDI SOUTH in general. Your data is used exclusively for the specific purpose of processing your transaction. Please note that the contact form is not intended for submitting applications. To do so, please use the relevant links in our job adverts. The data will be erased after one month.